Presto Medicolegal is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information. By "your information" we mean any information about you, which you or third parties provide to us.
The Presto Medicolegal Privacy Principles, set out below, explain how your information will be treated by us.
- We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so.
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you, and will tell you about how we will collect and use your information.
- If we have collected your information for a particular reason we will not use it for anything else unless you have been informed and where relevant your permission obtained.
- We will not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it.
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed.
- We will continue to review and assess the quality of our information.
- We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to you information and will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with.
- We will train our staff on their privacy and Data Protection Act obligations.
- We will ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it is held.
- We do not transfer any personal information to other countries.
- Any personal data relating to you gathered by us in the registration process for "website" or during your use of the online e-service will be recorded and only be used in accordance with our Data Protection Policy.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to remember your login details, saving you time when you visit our website on multiple occasions in one day.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
More information about cookies, including how to block them or delete them, can be found at AboutCookies.org.
More information about your privacy rights can be found at www.ico.gov.uk